Ever faced the difficulty of accessing a site when it is not compatible with your screen size? If you built a website for your customers and want them an easy access to your site from anywhere, what would you do? Well the first and the second questions do not share any similarity but the answer to both of the questions is same- responsive website design.
A website which has a responsive web design is a site that will be able to adapt to any screen size it is being accessed by, regardless of what device it is. The responsive website is capable to automatically reformat the site to give the user a better experience that it is well suited to their device, and it can also give the site a number of benefits which also includes being in line with Google recommendations.
Increase in Mobile UKge
Although website were being accessed from a PC to have a better viewing at first but since 2014, there has been an increase of accessing a website through the phone. After availability of 4G and a good internet data plan by so many mobile communications as well as faster internet access, the use of accessing website has increased in a skyrocketing speed.
Afterwards, people chose their mobile phones to access websites instead of their PCs or laptops. The most easiest part of using phone instead of PC for accessing website was that one could use their phone from anywhere and it was more easily portable.
By the year 2016, most of the people were using mobile web UKge and for the first time website access from phone had overtaken the website access from desktop.
As people have become more and more tech savvy as the years are passing by, there is a need for responsive web design for the sites. As people are more comfortable in accessing the sites from their smartphones, the responsive web design for your site will make it more relevant to gather more audiences or customers who visit your website.
Google began rewarding sites that were fully optimized for the mobile platform and also introduced recommendations in 2015 that were related to responsive web design. Google also uses mobile friendliness as a ranking signal in a search result, which is known to everyone.
More recently, Google has been implementing mobile-first indexing strategies and has gone a step further in this initiative. As opposed to the desktop version, the mobile-first indexing bases ranking and indexing from the mobile version of a site.
Benefits and Importance of Responsive Web Design
- All the content and pages are flexible across all screen resolutions and devices for the responsive website.
- It will be unified and easy to navigate the website despite the differing screen sizes whether you’re viewing it on your smartphone or a laptop.
- Responsive web design means your user can read and navigate the site with minimum resizing and scrolling, providing an optimal experience for the user across the board.
Responsive web design can improve user experience which will help in gathering positive perception of your website.
- If your customers have a good experience while using responsive web design then they will frequently visit your website which will increase the conversion rate of your site.
- Responsive web design is important as a ranking factor and sites that are responsive generally load faster which will help to boost your ranking and decrease your bounce rate.
- You can also make your brand name popular through social media using responsive web design which is easier to load.
Website maintenance and SEO campaigns are easier processes with a mobile-friendly website.
- It’s also quicker and less expensive compared to making a stand-alone mobile application in along with a desktop website.